Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Phew, it's been a while...

The break I've had from blogging has not been an accurate representation of the amount of cupcakes I've been baking, but rather, a discovery that I've found a few great recipes that I really like (vanilla bean, I'm looking at you...), and so I've made the same flavours over and over. While I don't mind baking the same thing, I'm fairly certain that anyone reading this probably wouldn't love seeing the same thing show up week after week.

See? I've still been baking...


There has been a lot going on here. Apart from Christmas and new year, G finished preschool, A turned one, E continues to astound us with both his ability to communicate and his flat-out naughtiness! We've had to rehome our giant dog, much to everyone's sadness, and we've been visiting family all over the place.

This year, G has started kindergarten at a brand new school, and 3 days in, he seems to be loving it. E is still in daycare a few days a week, so I actually have a little time to sit down and think. Hopefully this means I'll get to experiment with a few more yummy things.

I promise not to become one of those others that spends half a day packing an amazing looking lunch for her kid, just so she can put a picture on the Internet and make the rest of us feel bad, but... In an effort to keep both myself and G interested in the lunch box, now that we're doing this full time, I'm going to try to keep it a bit interesting. So far, sandwiches cut into varying shapes with cookie cutters is working quite well.

This lunch I packed for the week before school started, as we were practicing having 'lunch time' and 'morning tea time', rather than just grazing all day. The little man is dressed in G's school uniform!



I'll try to get more yum things done soon, but please forgive me if a lunchbox pops up on here every now and then.

By the way... Anyone got any good ideas for an almost-five-year-old's lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment