Saturday, September 1, 2012

You know what I like? Cookie dough.

There, I've said it. And I know I'm not the only one. I bet most home bakers take more than just a little taste of the dough before the cookies are all rolled out. I don't really even mind what flavor dough it is. It my not-so-secret shame (or one of them, at least...)
Which brings us to this week's cupcake: chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. Yum.




The process was astoundingly like making actual cookies. Brown sugar creamed with the butter somehow gives the batter a cookie flavour. The ini choc chips were supposed to be dark chocolate, but i couldn't find any at the shops, so I used milk chocolate. I think that may have been the reason that these were incredibly sweet.

The recipe called for a cookie dough filling too, but I didn't have any condensed milk (yeah, like I need more sweet stuff in this cake), so I just left it out.

The frosting - this is definitely not icing - is practically dough as well, with the cookie dough texture being provided by the flour in the mix. I added a bit more milk than I was supposed to because I thought the frosting was too thick and be pain to pipe. It still turned out tasty.

A few more mini choc chips on top, and these are a small child's dream.




Even as I crossed the room to take these pics, 4 year old G asked if I had cut the cake in half so I could share it with him. I guess that makes them a winner in his eyes, but for my money, they were a bit too sweet. I might just stick to eating real cookie dough when the occasion arises.

Credit where credit's due: the recipe is from TidyMom

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment